A two-day training in practical Appreciative Inquiry facilitation and coaching skills.
If you are involved in change management or organisational development and you want to implement Appreciative Inquiry within your organisation, this engaging, hands-on two day workshop gives you everything you need to hit the ground running.
Facilitated by our team of seasoned AI practitioners and trainers, this small group workshop (max 20 participants) will give you:
- solid grounding in the principles underpinning Appreciative Inquiry
- practical formats for introducing AI into your organisation
- a wealth of examples from the UK and worldwide of how companies, government and non-profits are using AI to resolve problems and build on their strengths
- individual attention – trainer/learner ratio no higher than 1:10
What the course covers
- Why Appreciative Inquiry?
- The research that supports an appreciative approach
- Benefits of an appreciative mindset and how to cultivate it
- The five principles of Appreciative Inquiry
- Using the ‘4-D’ model for positive change
- How to define successful ‘affirmative topics’
- Secrets of successful appreciative interviews
- Crafting provocative propositions that inspire people
- Experiencing a practical, hands-on Appreciative Inquiry session
- How to structure an appreciative coaching session
- Practical tools for being ‘in the moment’
- Practical experience of coaching and being coached using the AI model
- How to use scaling and other solution-focused tools in coaching
- Implementing AI at organisational, team and individual level
- How to run a large-scale AI event
- Using AI to support community engagement
- Using AI in appraisals, progress meetings, teambuilding…
- How to win over AI sceptics
- Building an appreciative culture
- Planning your next steps with AI
The course fee is £595 + VAT. Lunch, refreshments and course manual are included.
This course also runs in London, UK 19-20 November 2008.